PANETTONE - Bake along ONLINE class
Welcome to our PANETTONE making class, a full bake along class where we will be making Panettone TOGETHER, real time on Zoom.
During this class, I will guide you and show you all the steps to make an artisanal Panettone, while also sharing the history of this very popular Christmas sweet. All participants will be able to ask questions along as if we were in the same kitchen baking together.
For this class, students will have to pre-purchase their ingredients from their favorite source/store to bake along.
This recipe is suitable both for hand-kneading and/or using a Kitchen Aid.
The class will span over five zoom meetings across two days (Saturday and Sunday bake option) to enjoy a freshly baked panettone on Sunday morning. (Alternatively, you can bake choose the ONE-DAY option and complete the baking on your own).
1) Saturday 9am: Meeting 1: An introduction to the history of Panettone while making our "Sponge", (Approx. 30min-45min) (Then sponge goes to rest)
2) Saturday 11:30am: Meeting 2: Mixing the dough (About 1-1.5hr) (we will disconnect over resting time);
3) Saturday at: 5pm Meeting 3: Adding toppings and more kneading (About 1-1.5hr) (we will disconnect over resting time);
4) Sunday 9am: Meeting 4: Scoring and Baking, and Cooling (about 45min) (we will disconnect over baking time)
5) Sunday at 11:30am (OPTIONAL): Meeting 5: Share your final product (optional but highly encouraged)
In order to have a successful class, students commit to:
1) purchase all their ingredients beforehand (If you want to join the class but bake at a later time, you are still welcome to join us (there is no separate "watch only" ticket);
2) Have a reliable internet connection. The link to connect will be up 10 min prior. to class time. No troubleshooting will be done the day of the class.
3) Have fun. Nothing says more than "Christmas" than a beautiful Panettone. Make one for your family of more to gift them to friends.